I dedicate this award to Balu Mahendra : Bala2010

I dedicate this award to Balu Mahendra : Bala2010




The 56th National Film Awards for 2008 were announced on Saturday (January 23) afternoon. The prestigious award for the best director in India has gone to Bala for Naan Kadavul.

Bala is the man who has revolutionized Tamil cinema with meaningful and realistic films like- Sethu, Nandha, Pithamagan. Nan Kadavul was censored on December 31, 2008 making it eligible for 2008 awards and released in February 2009. The film turned out to be a classic though at the box-office it had an average run.

Bala had stiff competition from Madhur Bhandarkar director of Fashion which won two other awards, the best actress award for Priyanka Chopra and best supporting actress for Kangana Ranaut. He also piped the Bengali director Aniruddha Roy for Antaheen, which won the Best Feature film and awards in three other categories.

Bala speaking to sify.com said: “I dedicate this award to Balu Mahendra sir my guru and his wife Akila, they were the only people who were sure that I will win the best director award. Actually I was betting big on Arya, Pooja and Arthur Wilson (cinematographer) getting the awards. Anyway I’m happy as this will encourage good cinema in Tamil”

0 comments:

Post a Comment